|Documentation||check list of all documents||1|
|Special Tips||3On being careful||3|
|Links||To Other post discussions||4|
|Note on Bank Statements||Being careful on Bank Statements||5|
· Has been issued within the previous 10 years, and the validity must not exceed 10 years. No handwritten passports will be accepted.
· At least has a validity of 3 months after intended stay.
· Has at least 2 blank pages.
|Visa Application Form
|· 2 signatures of the applicant (page 3-column 37 and page 4). Application forms for minors has to be signed by both the parents in both the places.
· Travel dates and duration of stay must be mentioned.
· Contact details must be mentioned.
|· 3 photographs to be submitted: 80 % face with white background (Mat finish) 3.5cm x 4.5 cm clear and of good quality, and not framed or black.|
|Leave Sanction Letter
|· Mentioning the dates of leave sanctioned on company letterhead.
· Name, designation and signature of the authorized signatory.
|Financial Status and Means
of Sustenance as per
Requisite Funds Matrix
|· Salary slip (in case employed): last 3 months & ITR of last 3 yrs.
· Personal Bank Statement: last 6 months with bank seal & signature. Learn More
Credit bal of Rs 1,50,000/- per person to be maintained.
· Original receipt and a copy of the Forex purchased or recent Credit card statement mentioning credit limit or original and a copy of the Bank Guarantee from sponsor in UK or in case of Enit groups a mention in the cover letter that Forex will be purchased before departure.
| Travel Itinerary /
Complete stay details
|· Confirmed hotel reservation covering travel dates. If the applicant is travelling to any other Schengen countries also apart from Italy, then hotel booking for the same is required.
· In case of sponsor: Invitation letter from Italy (Lettera d’invito) accompanied by a copy of identification: Identity card for Italian. Passport, Identity card and permit of stay for foreigner resident in Italy.
· In case of Enit groups: Covering letter from Tour operator as per Enit format with list of passengers booked for a particular package tour with details of Name, Date of Birth and Passport No.
|For Minors Travelling||· In case of Minor travelling with any one parent or with a third party: Affidavit from the parent/s stating that he/she has no objection to the travel of the minor. The affidavit has to be notarized and legalized by the competent Home Department of the State of Residence. The parent/s resident in Italy can make a similar self-declaration with a copy of his/her stay permit and passport.
· In case of Minor traveling with both the parents: Affidavit of consent is not required, provided that the names of both parents appear on the said minor’s passport.
(on company letterhead
if applicant is a proprietor)
|· Name of applicant and other members traveling.
· Travel dates, itinerary and duration of stay.
· Who is going to bear the expenses
· Purpose of the visit.
Overseas medical insurance
|· Covering travel period with coverage of Euros 30000 inclusive of a repatriation clause.
· Minimum 10 days’ insurance is mandatory from the travel date.
|Air Tickets||· Return flight details or airlines reservation printout.|
There are 26 countries who take part in the Schengen visa agreement and who issue Schengen visas. For Schengen visa dates one has to be very careful on requesting from : and to: as the Schengen visa issuing authorities are very strict on the proof of stay like dates of hotels, overnight in trains/cruises, etc. The dates that you prove will be the exact dates issued on your passport with only a couple of buffer days to spare. BE VERY VERY CAREFUL with date of landing which is going to be your first date of visa issued.
For a Schengen visa there are various check lists which are common. i.e. 3 years of IT challans, one year bank statements, Six months salary slips etc.
1- the bank statement should be having enough liquid cash from your own source. and not third party credits. ideally the Schenghen countries are satisfied with around 150 euros per person per day that you apply for.
Having cash is of zero value. for the visa consideration so don’t even mention it to them.
2- Proof of stay – You must be able to prove where you are going to stay with proper verifiable or paid up hotel stay. If you are availing of a Packaged tour, then your tour operator must be able to provide with a confirmed tour itinerary. Or if someone is hosting you then you have to get a sponsor for stay in that particular country – PLEASE DO NOT MISTAKE THIS SPONSORSHIP FOR MAIN CIRTERION FOR GRANTING OF VISA. As it is just a proof of stay.
3- You must apply at the country where you show maximum of stay. or your main purpose of travel. But is your stay is equal in all the countries then the first place of arrival may be looked into.
4- All documents should be filed in originals as well as in copies. There should be a set of copies for each family members. Please understand that you are applying at the official visa outsource and not to the consulate directly, so be careful of the documents you give.
Click here to refer to comments here for some more tips.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK SCHENGEN VISA DATES
CLICK HERE TO BOOK UK VISA DATES
Time Taken – Minimum 10-15 working DAYS
NOTE ON BANK STATEMENTS
As far as travel fro India is concerened where the Schengen countries look for elaborate documents like Bank Balances etc. Here is an understanding to be followed as below –
the Schengen countries want you to be
1- Earning well enough ( IT challans will validate that)
2- Saving well enough – This is a delicate area where Most Indians park their funds in more paying schemes like Fixed Deposits, Shares, Bonds etc., rather than in Bank balances which offer the minimal returns of Interests.
In such a scenario, the countries which issue the Schengen would like to see a liquid amount of around Indian Rupees 10,000/- Per person per day (which means if you are a couple travelling for 10 days then you should be having Rs. 2,00,000/- in a single account or Jointly with you and your spouse )
BUT – if you have parked your money in say a fixed deposit, then you have to “break” the fixed deposit and have the amount transferred into your savings account. Please also keep a copy of the fixed deposit receipt before you do this and attach the same receipt along with your bank statements and PLEASE PLEASE highlight the amount in which shows in your bank statement with a remark in pencil. Otherwise in the heat of the moment if it is in peak travel period, some overenthusiastic officer will consider this as a third party payment transfered for sake of getting visa and WILL REJECT YOUR CASEA DESPITE HAVING A GOOD BALANCE.
SO you have to go through the above exercise carefully. Or if you are going to get the visa through a reputed tour operator or travel agent, please ensure above is looked into and done.